25+ Best Groundhog Day Quotes & Captions
Punxsutawney Phil's big day is coming up, and we have the best Groundhog Day quotes and captions to celebrate!
Groundhog Day in the United States dates all the way back to 1887, when Punxsutawney Phil became the official mascot. Every year on February 2nd, people anxiously await if the groundhog saw his shadow. If a shadow is seen, six more weeks of winter are on the way. If not, spring should arrive early this year. Whether you follow Phil or Staten Island Chuck in New York or you’re just excited for some warm weather to come, we have the perfect Groundhog Day quotes and Instagram captions!
Best Groundhog Day Captions
- Shadow or not, spring is right around the corner…
- Happy Woodchuck Day!
- Come on Punxsutawney Phil, give us some good news today
- Will it be an early spring or six more weeks of winter? Only the shadow knows.
- Think spring
- Punxsutawney Phil’s weather predictions are only accurate about 40% of the time, almost as bad as the typical meteorologist
- Let’s hope the little rodent is brave so we don’t get six more weeks of winter!
- I’m thinking about bribing Punxsutawney Phil to make sure we don’t get six more weeks of winter
Groundhog Day Quotes
- “It’s the same thing every year.” – Phil Connors, Groundhog Day
- “The groundhog is like most other prophets; it delivers its prediction and then disappears.” – Bill Vaughn
- “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” – Hal Borland
- “The beginning is always today.” – Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller
- “To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring.” – George Santayana
- “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” – Robin S. Sharma
- “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” – Guy Finley
- “The one thing we know about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.” – Jeff Rich
- “Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.” – Doug Larson
More Groundhog Day Quotes
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” – J.P. Morgan
- “Life ain’t always beautiful, but it’s a beautiful ride.” – Gary Allan
- “Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.” – Maori Proverb
- “It’s a hard thing to leave any deeply routine life, even if you hate it.” – John Steinbeck
- “Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “I believe in process. I believe in four seasons. I believe that winter’s tough, but spring’s coming. I believe that there’s a growing season. And I think that you realize that in life, you grow. You get better.” – Steve Southerland
- “The trouble with weather forecasting is that it’s right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it.” – Patrick Young
- “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens.” – Unknown