75+ Sweet Mother’s Day Captions & Quotes for Instagram 
Show your mama just how much she means to you with the sweetest Mother’s Day captions and quotes for Instagram!
Mother’s Day has been celebrated annually on the second Sunday in May since 1914. It’s the perfect day to let your mom know how much she is appreciated not just on Mother’s Day, but every day of the year. Even if your mom isn’t on social media, you can still share a sweet tribute post to celebrate the women who gave it all to you.
We’ve gathered the sweetest, funniest, and most heart-warming Mother’s Day captions and quotes for Instagram. Keep scrolling and you’ll be sure to find one you love:
Best Mother’s Day Captions
Share a thoughtful post on Mother’s Day this year that will make mom smile! We’ve gathered the best Mother’s Day captions for you to use:
- Life doesn’t come with a manual—it comes with a mother
- Home is wherever mom is
- I got it from my mama!
- Mom—you’re definitely one of my favorite parents
- In a world full of trends, you always remain a classic
- Who needs a superhero when I have you as a mom?
- In a surprising turn of events, my mother was right. About everything.
- Mom, I turned out awesome because of you
- Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart
- Partners in crime since _____.
- Thank you for being the glue that holds everything together, even when you feel like falling apart
Mother’s Day Captions
A picture tells a thousand words, but you should add a few more in your caption to show Mom some extra love this Mother’s Day:
- She wore Mom jeans before it was cool
- A mother is your best friend, first friend, and forever friend
- Mom: A title just above Queen
- Nothing is really lost until your mom can’t find it
- A mother’s work is never done—but today, you deserve a rest
- There aren’t enough flowers in the world to show you how much you mean to me
- The Lorelai to my Rory
- When people tell me I’m turning into my mother, I take it as a compliment
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a while, but their hearts forever
- Everything I am, you helped me to be
- I love my mom to the moon and back
- The only thing better than having you for a mom, is my children having you for a grandma
Funny Instagram Captions for Mom
Your mom has been putting up with your nonsense since birth. Doesn’t she deserve a funny Mother’s Day caption? Here’s a bunch that will have your followers and your mama laughing:
- Mom, I forgive you for replacing me with cats
- Cheers to the woman who gave up wine for nine months, just for me
- Mom, I’m sorry for all the times I didn’t take the chicken out of the freezer. I get it now.
- I still can’t fold a fitted sheet, but you did a good job
- Thanks for always loving me, even through all my awkward phases
- Keep calm and call Mom
- I love how we don’t have to say out loud that I’m your favorite child
- Raising me undoubtedly tested all your parenting skills. You passed with flying colors!
- Boy, I landed in a good nest.
- A worried mother does better research than the FBI
- Love you loads, Mom! Speaking of… can you do my laundry?
- Thank you for giving me life. And thank you for not taking it back during my teenage years
- Mom, thank you for teaching me how to stop and smell the rosés
Instagram Captions for Mother’s Day
Although it’s difficult to express in words how much your mom means to you, you won’t have to struggle with our hand-picked Mother’s Day captions:
- Sometimes when I open my mouth, my mother comes out
- A mom is the greatest teacher, cheapest therapist, and best friend
- Mothers are a gift to humanity. End of story.
- The best medicine in the world is a mother’s hug
- Mothers are like buttons, they hold everything together
- Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart
- Behind every great woman is an even better mother
- Thanks for teaching me about the glass ceiling—and then showing me how to swing a hammer
- Mother (n): cheap therapist and best friend
- No matter how old she is, sometimes a girl just needs her mom
- To the world you are a mother, but to our family you are the absolute world
- Thanks for being the mom everyone wishes they had. Lucky me!
- Whenever life has thrown curve balls, you have helped me hit them out of the park
Quotes for Mother’s Day Captions
From Abraham Lincoln to the Golden Girls, everyone knows how special a mom is. Share one of our Mother’s Day quotes to show your love for your mama:
- “All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” – Gail Tsukiyama
- “My mother…she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” – Jodi Picoult
- “The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother.” – St. Therese of Lisieux
- “Call your mother. Tell her you love her. Remember you’re the only person who knows what her heart sounds like from the inside.” — Rachel Wolchin
- “It’s not easy being a mother. If it were, fathers would do it.” —The Golden Girls
- “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” — Jodi Picoult
- “I love you a thousand yellow daisies.” — Gilmore Girls
- “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” — Mitch Albom
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Princess Diana
Captions to Show Your Stepmom Some Love on Mother’s Day
Stepmoms need love too! Use these catchy Instagram captions as a tribute for the love you have for your stepmom:
- Thanks for always “stepping” up
- Motherhood requires love, not DNA
- This is no Cinderella story
- Not “step,” just family
- Blessed with two Moms
- Not related by blood but connected by love
- You didn’t give me the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you
Best Mother’s Day Quotes & Song Lyrics
Looking for the best Mother’s Day caption? Start with one of these quotes or song lyrics and don’t forget to add a “Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ It is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” — Erma Bombeck
- As is the mother, so is her daughter. – Ezekiel 16:44
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “Where you lead, I will follow.” —Carole King
- “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” —Marion C. Garretty
- She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. –Proverbs 31
- “My mother’s love has always been a sustaining force for our family, and one of my greatest joys is seeing her integrity, her compassion, her intelligence reflected in my daughters.”— Michelle Obama
- “A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” —Tenneva Jordan
- “I admire you for the strength you’ve instilled in me.” — Justin Bieber
- “I’ll be your shoulder when you need someone to lean on. Be your shelter when you need someone to see you through. I’ll be there to carry you.” — Reba McEntire